Pier South Resort, an eco-friendly Autograph Collection Resort directly on the sand in Imperial Beach, proudly announces it will host the second annual celebration of Global Wellness Day (GWD) in Imperial Beach on Saturday, June 11, 2016 with complimentary classes and presentations open to the public from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. – including special events just for kids and even for the family pooch! The city and its only beachfront resort join 100 countries and over 3,000 destinations around the world that are supporting this rapidly growing social project created by volunteers dedicated to sharing the message that “Wellness is for Everyone!” and “One Day Can Change Your Life!”
Last year Imperial Beach’s Mayor Serge Dedina was eager to embrace the GWD concept since one of his mayoral goals is to help make IB an overall wellness destination. Pier South employees, city officials and volunteer fitness and wellness professionals welcomed over 400 community members when it hosted the first GWD IB in 2015. With a Wellness Expo in its lobby, the hotel also offered classes each hour from Tai Chi on the Roof to Bootcamp on the Beach to even Nutrition and Meditation – attended by everyone from Stroller Stride Moms to Seniors. This year the morning will kick off with a “Ride for Safety” Community Bike Ride and Child Safety Fair at:
JSCK Outdoor Educational Activity Center
505 12th St.
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
Registration takes place 7:00am-8:00am. Bike Ride 8:00am-9:00am.
Complimentary classes offered on Saturday June 11 at Pier Sourth Resort include:
· Fitness Classes-Yoga, Tai Chi, Crossfit, Beach Bootcamp,
· Nature Walks
· Cooking Demos
· Classes such as: Arts, Diet & Nutrition Classes, Skincare, Guided Meditation
· Youth Fitness Challenges,
· Pet Health Class
· Nutrition Classes
· Guided Meditation
· Body & Fitness Evaluation
· Wellness Retreat Giveaway
In a huge show of support for the event, the following companies will sponsor the day’s Wellness Expo:
● UC San Diego Health ● UC San Diego ● Live Well @ Work ● Suja ● The Foundry Athletics, ● City of Imperial Beach, ● Port of San Diego, ● Boys & Girls Club of South County ● Dames Spa & Epicurean Skincare, ● SEA180 Coastal Tavern ● Silver Strand Spine and Sport ● The Foundation of Wellness Professionals ● To the Point Acupuncture, ● Fit4Mom – Stroller Strides, ● Healer Fine Art ● Studio on Palm, ● Isagenix, ● Wear Your Reasons ● IB Senior Center.
“Pier South is honored to stand united with hundreds of other communities in more than 100 countries from Turkey to Thailand to support health and wellness by offering an arrray of educational, interactive and complimentary activities for the public’s benefit,” explains the hotel’s General Manager, Tim Earp. “We had such an overwhelming response from the local community to Global Wellness Day last year that we knew it would be event bigger and better this year.”
To RSVP for the Global Wellness Day Celebration at Pier South Resort in Imperial Beach, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Global Wellness Day 2016, visit http://www.globalwellnessday.org or http://www.piersouthresort.com and follow the conversation #GWDIB and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/GWDIB