– Experience is the shortcut to success –
A successful, well-regarded and privately held San Diego real estate company is seeking an experienced, motivated Controller. This is a hands-on position, requiring keen intelligence, a positive work ethic and willingness to mentor. The company has grown significantly over the past several years into a diverse portfolio of land and operating assets across 20+ states, and further expansion is anticipated. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
• Tax management lead for filing and compliance with local, state and federal agencies across many jurisdictions.
• Relationship management with national and regional financial institutions.
• Oversight of business banking accounts for all SPEs in multiple states.
• Supervisory responsibility for accounting staff.
• Direct and coordinate accounting functions with a focus on consolidations.
• Responsible for financial reporting, financial analyses, preparations of budgets and forecasts, and periodic analysis of budget-to-actual comparisons.
• Cash management and liquidity analysis.
• Monthly reporting to Senior Management.
• Maintaining and improving internal controls.
• Substantial experience (at least 7 years’) in a multi-unit real estate company.
• BA or BS in Accounting. CPA or MBA preferred.
• Outstanding technical accounting and software skills including, especially, Yardi.
• Excellent leadership, teamwork and initiative.
• Exceptionally well organized, detail oriented, and accurate.
• Talent to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Accomplished verbal and communication skills.
• Ability to successfully interact with all levels of management and staff.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Principals only.
The above statements are intended to be generally descriptive but not exhaustive of all functions. The omission of a specific duty does not exclude it from the position if work is similar, related or logically assigned. Moreover, the description is subject to change as the needs of the employer or position change. The employer is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will comply with the ADA to make reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals. Qualified individuals are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.